Neighborhood Crime Alert is a no-nonsense website developed for documenting suspicious activity in our neighborhood. This is done by utilizing the internet, email and telephone.
Neighbor Crime Alert website allow association members to write observations that may be of security concern: e.g. unfamiliar people walking the streets, suspect drug abuse, gang related activity, etc. on a single website.
- A clearinghouse for information. One simple non-commercial website for association members to view entries by other members about suspicious activities in their area.
- Entries are dated and time stamped for quick reference.
- Accurate historical information is available for police reports.
- Quick Alert System action plan organizational chart is utilized to achieve optimal alert coverage without overloading any single individual.
- Association participation shows a neighborhood is proactive against crime thus increasing of property value.
- Association member database is automatically created as members sign-up to receive security alerts. The database is solely the property of the neighborhood association.
- Creates community.
How It Works
- A neighbor may feel a suspicious activity needs immediate attention. The neighbor will take the initiative to first call the police and relate their concerns.
- After calling police the proactive neighbor will then notify a Watch Leader with the information given to the police.
- Watch Leaders will in turn email every neighbor subscribed to alert emails.
- Watch Leaders will then call their Group Leaders, who will intern call their Team Leaders to telephone every resident about the alert and action plan.